Sunday, April 13, 2014

Spring has SPRUNG for Week 2 of Anything But a Card Challenges No. 34 with Guest Designer Danie May

Good Morning Everyone! It's week two of our current challenge and we are so excited to introduce that we will be inviting a Guest Designer to join us for here at ABAC. Danie May is our Guest Designer this month and joining us for our current Spring Forward Challenge... you are in for a treat!


The new Challenge... Anything But a Card Challenge #34 - "SPRING Forward"!! We know Spring is dragging it's feet in arriving as ol' man winter keeps his heels dug in the snow and ice... so we are celebrating the new season with an OPEN THEME!!! Feel free to break out the bright colors and create along with Spring and Easter, or create whatever your muse desires... as long as it's anything but a card!

* * * * * * * * * * * *

Please share any current project you have created and JUST REMEMBER... create anything EXCEPT a card for this challenge. Please mention and LINK BACK to this challenge. ALSO - Please new projects only {no-backlinking}. :)

**A REMINDER** This Challenge will go through midnight April 26th giving you 2 weeks to play along and ENJOY the creative process! We will share more of our Design Team's creations each Sunday to keep you inspired.

Danie May created this lovely a Easter Tag
for the Spring Forward Challenge.

We hope you enjoy getting to know our Guest Designer...
please click on the images to visit her blog –
and give her a warm welcome!

"I just love everything about Spring but alas we are heading into Autumn but the colors of Spring are perfect for Easter Creating also. So this one is a tag embracing my more messy side. My background is a mix of Distress Stains and Gelatos, while I have used a punched flower border strip and a striped paper to add further interest before layering on my main Easter Collage Images, my sentiment and finishing with a bunny brad. Please visit my BLOG for more details."
Danie May shares a little more seasonal inspiration...

http://www.d-dazzledscraps.com

a Mixed Media Canvas



Spring Inspired Tag


A little about our Guest Designer Danie May...


I am a stay at home foster mum and part time carer for my mother with Alzheimer's who lives with hubby and the rest on the family including 3 fur babies residing on acreage in the beautiful Northern Rivers Area of NSW Australia. I have always been arty crafty following in my father's footsteps and partaking in everything from flower arranging to wood turning. When I discovered paper-crafting about 12 years ago I found something that would become a passion. Starting out as a stamper/card maker I now dabble in all things mixed media, and have more recently started to paint/draw in a number of mediums as well as finding a enjoyment for photography particularly of birds.

I also love to share what I do and am grateful for the wonderful people I have met along the way of my creative journey. In October 2013 I took over the running and editoral of Unruly PaperArts which is a collaborative blogozine featuring articles on all things mixed media and papercrafting and I am honored to currently be a Design Team Member for Altered Pages and Cards in Envy.

To see more of my work please pop over to my blog http://www.d-dazzledscraps.com

***********************

We hope our Guest Designer Danie May has INSPIRED you to take some time to be creative!! We can't wait to see your creations and we hope that you will join in and share them with us! Stop back next Sunday to see more of our Design Team creations!


4 comments:

  1. Fabulous work Danie! I love the wonderful colours in your tag - just glorious and a real uplifter on what is for us here a grey day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, love those inspiration pieces, makes me smile. Thanks for the chance to join in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks everyone for your kind words, it was an honor to be asked to join in the fun here this month. xx

    ReplyDelete